Monday, March 13, 2006

A new flatmate; a new dressing; new food

I took one of the new crates to work today, and Roxie moved into the front room in the flat, with her new flatmate, a friendly chocolate lab belonging to one of the nurses.

Roxie's dressing was changed today, and all looks well, apart from a pressure sore where the splint was rubbing a bit. Being a staff dog, she is now sporting a selection of tag ends of bandage - bright green, pale blue and dark blue for this week. Next scheduled dressing change is next Tuesday.

I've now seen her x-rays from when the surgery was first done. That's one hell of a pin she has through her leg.

I ordered a small bag of Burns chicken and rice food last week, which had arrived by today. As always, I'm changing over gradually, but the first taste of that appears to be a big success (she picked the Burns out of the bottom of the bowl, from under the JWB).